COLORED PENCIL WORKSHOPS 

Learn to create stunning colored pencil works of art with master colored pencil artist Linda Lucas Hardy. Hardy is well known for creating brilliant colored pencil paintings that radiate light, color and emotion in a way that speaks to the heart.

                                  

The Portrait: Delicate to Dynamic 

Lindale, Tx - OCTOBER 16 - 18 

Sponsored by Killaby Art School & Studio

Contact: Maureen Killaby - mkillaby@suddenlink.net

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colored Pencil on Drafting Film 

Clifton, Tx February 20 - 21, 2021

Sponsored by Bosque Arts Center

Regardless of how much experience you’ve had, you will be thrilled to learn there’s another dimension to the ever popular Colored Pencil as it comes to life on this delicate, translucent surface.

 

For information call: 254.675.3387 or 254.386.6248

Or register online at: BosqueArtsCenter.org

The Portrait: Delicate to Dynamic

In this workshop Linda will illustrate the many dimensions of this exciting, rich-hued, yet very portable medium on toned paper.

For this particularly fun, casual but information packed class a packet will be provided. The packet will include paper, with a printed template so no drawing is required, a 5 x 7" reference photo, a worksheet, a palette guide and help hints and instructions. 

Regardless of how much experience you've had, you will be thrilled to learn the "tricks" of the trade Linda has mastered through decades of colored pencil painting.

Colored Pencil: Painting With A Dry Medium

 

The emphasis of this workshop is on burnishing, but not in the traditional sense. The burnishing will be done with a "dry" brush. The two most important things that will be learned are, one, when a sufficient amount of pigment has been applied to make it possible to burnish, and two, how to make the brush work.

Using a paint brush not only blends the pigment but also intensifies the color, producing a rich, luminous work of art which will make the viewer wonder if it really is pencil or if it's paint. Reference material will be provided along with the image printed on the paper.

Colored Pencil on UArt Sandpaper

 

The emphasis of this workshop is on the paper and is designed to give the colored pencil artists an opportunity to explore the possibilities of a new and different surface.

The student will work on UArt Sanded Pastel Paper, a fine artists grade sandpaper which optimizes the workability and blend-ability of the colored pencil.  Reference material will be provided along with the image printed on the sandpaper.

The Portrait in French Gray

 

The objective of this workshop is to create a portrait using Prismacolors French Gray's. Since the focus of this workshop is a pallet made up of an assortment of grays each student will complete nine steps on a value scale beginning with a small amount of black. The black will be gradated into the 90%.  At the other end of the scale French Gray 10%  will be gradated into white. Since the French Gray pallet only comes in  a 90%, 70%, 50%, 30%, 20% & 10% value range, the 80%, 60% & 40% will have to be created before beginning a portrait.

 

Graphite:The VALUE & POWER of Value

Did you know the success or failure of the finished product is often determined by how skillfully the value structure of the painting has been managed? Are you confident in your ability to see and skillfully use value? Perhaps you would you like to know why value is so important and learn how to use it to your advantage? Even if you are confident and know how to exercise good use of value perhaps you'd just like to hone your skills.

Whether you work in watercolor, oil, pastel, colored pencil or graphite; if your style is abstract, impressionistic or realistic, regardless of how you categorize your work, all paintings and drawings have one thing in common—the crucial design element of value.

Because value is so important this workshop has been designed to increase the students awareness of value as well as enhance each persons ability to see and understand value so that success, at least where value is concerned, can be more than a guessing game.

 

 

AS WELL AS THE WORKSHOPS LISTED ABOVE I ALSO TEACH...

 

  • Beginning Colored Pencil

  • Colored Pencil on Drafting Film

  • The portrait in Colored Pencil

  • If you prefer, I can combine any two for a five day workshop.

ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE WELCOME - NO DRAWING REQUIRED

Each student can expect a pleasant, casual and informative working atmosphere with plenty of individual attention.

  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING WEEKLY CLASSES

 

I teach Colored Pencil & Oil Painting on Mondays from 10 am until 1 pm at the Hobby Lobby on 15th & Alma in Plano. Drawing is not required in either medium and all levels of experience are welcome.

 

If you are interested please contact me here: hardy.lindalucas@yahoo.com

© 2019 Linda Lucas Hardy, All rights reserved.